We consider the protection of your privacy to be extremely important. We want to inform you as much as possible, respect you and give you control over what happens to your personal data. Below you will find information about what data we collect, why we do this, how long we keep it, what your privacy rights are and how you can exercise them.
We are bound by and use your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27th, 2016 (the “GDPR”) and its implementation into national law.
It applies to the processing of personal data of our (private and business) customers in relation to our products and services (for example, when making a purchase with us or when creating a Tomorrowland account), as well as to the personal data of the end users who, through their relationship with our customer (for example: other people whom our customer buys tickets for), use our products and services.
WEAREONE.world BV, with registered offices at B – 2000 Antwerp, Korte Vlierstraat 6, VAT number BE0867239782 (hereafter “Tomorrowland”, “we” or “us”), is responsible for processing your personal data. This means that Tomorrowland determines the purpose and means for processing your personal data. This does not alter the fact that our customers have a number of obligations in connection with the processing of personal data of the end users whom they allow to use our products and services (for example: other people whom our customer buys tickets for)
Under Tomorrowland can be understood the organizer of the Tomorrowland festivals, the licensor of Unite with Tomorrowland, the creator of Tastes of the World and TML by Tomorrowland and any future Tomorrowland-related products or events, Tomorrowland-related artists and all affiliated entities and companies (such as but not limited to MNKY BZZ BV, TL International BV, TL Travel BV and TL Winter BV).
Personal data is collected:
- When you use our products and services and interact with us through different channels. This includes:
- When you sign up for a Tomorrowland account via www.tomorrowland.com : your first name, name, postal and e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, preferences relating to which type of communication you wish to receive from us as well as your sex and nationality (optional). When you use/link your Tomorrowland account when making a purchase with us, you can access your order history in your Tomorrowland account;
- When you make a purchase with us or one of our official (ticket) partners: your name, first name, postal and e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, details of the order you placed with us as well as your sex and nationality (optional);
- Any personal information or images you share on the People of Tomorrow social platforms;
- Ticket information we assign to you, linked to the ticket(s) you buy
- Transactional information about your purchase as well as spending, consumption and implied location data when you do transactions on the festival site;
- Bank information for reimbursement purposes;
- Interest in specific products and services on our websites e.g. when using the price simulator;
- Video, images and other media that can identify you on the festival site, for security and in promotional media at our events;
- your media consumption and your Artist preferences when using our apps and websites;
- If optionally enabled by you in the Tomorrowland App, we can track your location and share this info with friends you have opted to share this with;
- If optionally enabled by you in the Tomorrowland App, we can connect you to your Facebook contacts who also use our App and have consented to do so
- From government agencies (e.g. police forces); and
Tags of your personal data:
Based on your previous purchases, festival visits and your activity on our platforms, we will create tags to categorize you as our client. This will help us map your needs and preferences in the future. With these tags we will be able to provide you with personalized content on our website, in our mailing or any other communication. Tags will be added to the data that you already have provided us with. We will never harvest any external data to create these tags.
Sensitive “special category” personal data
Personal data that can be considered sensitive is not actively processed. However, your nationality, meal preferences and special requests concerning injuries or disabilities might reveal sensitive data. This data is processed by our customer service team, which is trained to respect and handle this data carefully. Tickets containing sensitive data of this type will be flagged and deleted one year after the respective event.
Personal data of minors
Our products and services are not intended for minors. You must be at least 18 years old to access the Tomorrowland festival. Personal data of minors will never knowingly or intentionally be collected.
Minors who intend to use our products and services need to be supervised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. The privacy of minors will be protected and holders of parental responsibility for the child will be encouraged to take an active part in their children’s (online) activities.
Personal data of non-customers
You are considered as our customer when you make a purchase with us or when you create a Tomorrowland account. Through various channels, such as competitions, promotions/actions and our websites/apps we may collect personal data about persons who are not (yet) customers of us with the aim of offering these persons the most relevant range of our products and services. In doing so, we guarantee your right to information and enforce that contractually (as applicable, together with your possible legally required consent) from the third parties who would collect your data in this context.
We process personal data for various purposes, whereby we only process the data that are necessary to achieve the intended purpose.
As such, we process your personal data when necessary:
- in the context of the preparation, execution or termination of our sales contract with you;
- in order to comply with the legal or regulatory provisions to which we are subject; and/or
- In order to protect our legitimate interests (e.g. to continue to improve our products and services, to follow-up on our performances via anonymized reporting and statistics and to prevent fraud and other legal violations), in which case we always strive to strike a balance between that interest and respecting your privacy, especially when you are a minor.
If the processing of your personal data is not necessary for any of these three reasons, we will always ask your permission to process your personal data. If you choose not to give your consent, or if you withdraw your consent, you will not be able to take (full) advantage of the services offered.
Consent for commercial purposes
After explicit consent, you will be informed about upgrades and additional services linked to your ticket purchase, such as vouchers for restaurants, lockers, parking, shuttles, etc.
After explicit consent, you can receive commercial e-mails to inform you about all Tomorrowland-related events (such as Unite with Tomorrowland), artists (such as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike or Lost Frequencies), People of Tomorrow (social platform), Tomorrowland surveys, Tomorrowland theme and videos and TML by Tomorrowland.
For example, during the registration process of a Tomorrowland Account, you will be asked for the aforementioned consents. Your consent is not required for the operation of your Tomorrowland Account.
Your personal data can be used for the following purposes:
A. When you create a Tomorrowland account via www.tomorrowland.com
- Informational purposes inherent to the use of the my.tomorrowland.com platform. These purposes are part of the terms and use of the platform.The purpose of the platform is to inform you about services and future ticket sales:
- Pre-registration for Tomorrowland tickets;
- Ticket Sale info;
- Tomorrowland festival info (practical, line-up, etc); and
- Ticket Waiting List.
- Related Commercial Purpose
- After explicit consent you will be informed about upgrades and additional services linked to your ticket purchase, such as vouchers for restaurants, lockers, parking, shuttles;
- After explicit consent, you can receive commercial e-mails to inform you about all Tomorrowland-related events (such as Unite with Tomorrowland), artists (such as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike or Lost Frequencies), People of Tomorrow (social platform), Tomorrowland surveys, Tomorrowland theme and videos and TML by Tomorrowland.
B. When making a (festival ticket) purchase (e.g. through your Tomorrowland account)
- To execute your sales contract and eventually deliver your order, which includes several operational processes from us and our (ticket) partners, including:
- Order and payment processing;
- Booking and processing your accommodation and/or transportation, as applicable (e.g. Global Journey);
- Buying and processing your lift&ski pass (in context of Tomorrowland Winter);
- Booking and processing your purchased additional activities (cf. Voucher sales);
- Transactional e-mails (such as emails to remind you to personalize
- your tickets, your e-ticket or your payment confirmation);
- Printing of, among others, hard tickets (only in case you receive hard tickets);
- Fulfilment and shipment of your order/ticket/Tomorrowland Bracelet;
- Customer service and dispute resolution
- Fraud prevention
C. When using our websites and apps
- In order to guarantee the functioning of the websites and apps;
- To enable the functionalities inherent to our websites/apps (eg. Artist preferences) ;
- To enable (with your consent) location sharing with selected Facebook friends and connect to Facebook friends over the app;
- To provide you with personalized content on our communication channels.
D. When visiting our event(s)
- Where permitted by law, e.g. in order to prevent crime, criminal records of ticket holders can be checked by government bodies and police forces. These parties may give us negative advice regarding the admission of a ticket holder to the festival or event. In the case of negative advice, we are obliged to block ticket holders from the festival. Such circumstances do not give rise to a refund of your purchase price. We will only provide first name, last name, date of birth and country of residence and will not do any profiling in this matter or look into any criminal records themselves;
- Security, safety and health procedures (incl. camera surveillance);
- Fraud prevention;
- Anonymized reporting and statistics about visitors (e.g. variety of nationalities)
- Cashless transaction logging and aggregated analytics of this data;
- Cashless top-ups, cashless payments at Tomorrowland and cashless refunds;
- Your location data (captured via your Tomorrowland Bracelet) within the festival site can be used anonymously to leverage our crowd density monitoring systems;
- Check-in procedures and hospitality facilities (to make sure you find your way to your shuttle or bus, to make your festival experience easier, to help you check in to your accommodation, the festival or a restaurant).
Personal data shared with third parties
We do not give your personal information to third parties unless:
- To our legal successors and other companies within the Tomorrowland Group;
- To our IT and Business service providers
- Cloud service providers
- Software service providers
- This is necessary for the provision of our products and services, e.g.:
- Booking companies;
- Cashless payments partners;
- When booking activity through the voucher sale, we share your personal data with the company organizing the activity in order to contact you regarding the activity and allow them to give you access to your purchased activities, products and/or services;
- Fulfillment and shipping companies;
- Ticket providers: Brussels Airlines, Paylogic;
- Sunweb (our official ticket partner for Tomorrowland Winter);
- Transport companies;
- Payment processing companies;
- Printing companies;
- Mailing companies;
- SATA (lift&ski company, our service partner for Tomorrowland Winter)
- There is a legal obligation, e.g.:
- Tax and accountancy obligations;
- Police investigations;
- Local and federal government requirements
- There is a legitimate interest for us or the third party concerned, e.g.:
- Hospitality staff at check-in points (among others but not limited to airports, hotels, B&B, bus stations, train stations and restaurants on-site);
- Operational staff on-site;
- The contractor of our Festival App – Appmiral – can use your data to assist you in problems related to the use of the Tomorrowland app.
- You give us permission to share your data, e.g.
Your responsibilities towards end-users
- You must adequately inform the end-users that we, by their use of our products and services, will process their personal data;
- You must obtain all legally required consents from the end-users before their personal data are communicated to us for processing within the framework of our products and services that you allow them to use;
- You may not use our products and services to collect personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws or to unlawfully gain access to the personal data of the end-users;
- You must obtain information from us about the level of security of our products and services and take appropriate technical and organizational measures in your sole discretion and ability to adequately protect personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against unlawful or unintentional destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, damage, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure;
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of the end-users who have access to personal data. You must not do anything, cause anything or allow anything to be done that could in any way result in a violation of those privacy laws.
Your responsibilities with regards to third-party services
Your privacy rights
You have the following rights to govern your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to correct your personal data
- Right to erase your data in duly justified cases
- Right to request your personal data in a readable format for personal or portability purposes
- Right to restrict processing of your data
- Right to object against processing your data
If you want to exercise the right to be erased to the full extent and have purchased tickets for a future event, these tickets will be canceled without a refund. Your details are needed to fulfill all these services. Your personal data will be removed as soon as possible, except if it concerns information that needs to be kept in pursuance of the law or an agreement.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 calendar days after receipt of your request and after your identity is checked. Depending on the complexity of the requests and the number of requests, this period can be extended by a further two months if necessary. If the period is extended, we will inform you of this within one month of receiving the request.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Korte Vlierstraat 6
Insofar and to the extent you have a Tomorrowland account, you can remove your account on the Tomorrowland platform to execute the final removal of your personal data. Please note that your personal data is needed to fulfill our services and will only allow a full deletion after your purchase is completed and (in case you bought a festival/event ticket) the event has passed. In the my.tomorrowland.com platform, you will be able to specifically remove yourself from optional applications like the social platform or non-transactional mailing lists.
All your personal data can be changed in the Tomorrowland platform – except for your name and e-mail. To change them you should contact the support desk on www.tomorrowland.com by clicking the support button. Please note that changing the delivery details of your tickets or name changes on Global Journey tickets can incur additional fees.
If you wish to remove your personal details from the Tomorrowland platform, you can specifically select the parts in your account that you want to be removed: you can either unsubscribe from mailing lists and specific applications like the Tomorrowland social platform or exercise the complete removal of your account to the full extent.
While using our website and apps, we may place cookies, originating from the domain tomorrowland.com or any tomorrowland.com subdomain.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We do not store any personal data in a cookie that can be used to identify individuals. We can, however, track your activity on online assets for statistical analysis and to enhance your experience.
Although cookies are required to be able to fully use the services and all of its features, you can always refuse to accept cookies by changing the related settings of your browser.
Certain cookies like first party functional cookies and performance cookies are mandatory, other cookies can be switched off in your browser.
You can find more details about the cookies we use and manage them here.
Technical and organizational measures
Appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. When you provide your personal data through our websites or mobile apps, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
However, in some instances, we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, such as a government body, and has limited control over how that data is protected by that party.
Processing of personal data inside/outside the EER
The information that you provide to us will be held in the systems located at the registered office in Antwerp or in those of an appointed third party (mentioned above) or our cloud service provider Zendesk.
To the extent that personal data is processed outside the European Union, we will ensure through contractual or other measures that such data enjoy an adequate level of protection there, comparable to that which they would enjoy in the European Union, in accordance with the European regulations.
Data breaches can be reported by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an internal policy and regularly educates staff on preventing and reporting possible data breaches. Based upon the outcome of an impact assessment, we can notify affected data subjects and the Belgian Privacy authorities of the breach.
We will not retain your data longer than necessary: your personal data is retained in your my.tomorrowland.com account and will be removed automatically once you decide to delete your account. Data stored and processed outside of themy.torrowland.com account will be removed once the processing activity is completed and the data is no longer needed to expect when we are legally required to keep the records for a specified retention time.
If we were unable to handle your data subject request optimally, you always have the right to file a complaint with our Data Protection Authority or your own local data protection authority.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Korte Vlierstraat 6
Last update: October 18, 2021