www.tomorrowland.com is held by WEAREONE.world BVBA, with registered offices at B – 2000 Antwerp, Korte Vlierstraat 6, VAT number BE0867239782 (hereafter “WAOW” or “us”), who is responsible for processing your personal data.
Hereinafter, all the services accessible through the website are referred to as the “Service”.
ARTICLE 1 - Personal data collected about you
Personal data is collected:
- When you use WAOW services and interact with WAOW through its different channels. This includes:
- Name, address, date of birth, gender and preferences when you sign up for my.tomorrowland.com or buy tickets through one of the official ticket partners. This information is needed to be able to interact with you for the following purposes: update on news/events, ticket purchase or other WAOW services;
- Any personal information or images you share on the People of Tomorrow social platform;
- Ticket information linked to the ticket(s) you buy;
- Transactional information about your spending, consumption and implied location data when you do transactions on the festival site;
- Interest in specific products on Tomorrowland websites e.g. when using the price simulator;
- Video, images and other media that can identify you on the festival site, for security and in promotional media at a WAOW event (for more info about this topic, we refer to the specific articles in the General Terms and Conditions of these events, for example 12.3 of the General Terms and Conditions of Tomorrowland and DreamVille).
- From joint controllers, such as Instagram, Google and Facebook. Data may be collected and processed for the following categories of information about you for the purposes described in this Policy:
- Your contact and account information;
- Your posts and messages on third party social media. You should be aware of the possibility that others may use, tag or repost your information without your knowledge;
- Information about how you use the WAOW websites or mobile apps;
- Your preferences on the social media sites mentioned earlier;
- Please be aware that the data stored on the platforms of the joint controllers is not under the control of WAOW.
1.2 Sensitive “special category” personal data. Personal data that can be considered sensitive is not actively processed. However, meal preferences and special requests concerning injuries or disabilities might reveal sensitive data. This data is processed by the WAOW customer service team, which is trained to respect and handle this data carefully. Tickets containing sensitive data of this type will be flagged and deleted one year after the event.
1.3 Personal data of minors: WAOW services, websites and apps are not intended for people under the age of 16.
Personal data of minors will never knowingly or intentionally be collected.
Minors who want to use WAOW services need to be supervised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child. The privacy of minors will be protected and holders of parental responsibility for the child will be encouraged to take an active part in their children’s (online) activities.
ARTICLE 2 - How and why is your personal data used?
2.1 WAOW is bound by, and uses your information in accordance with, the General Data Protection Regulation of April 27, 2016 regarding Data privacy and Data protection concerning the treatment and processing of personal data (the “GDPR”).
The General Data Protection Regulation is accessible via the following website: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32016R0679.
2.2 Your personal data can be used for the following purposes:
- Informational purposes inherent to the use of the my.tomorrowland platform. These purposes are part of the terms and use of the WAOW platform.
The purpose of the platform is to inform you about services and future ticket sales:
- Registration for Tomorrowland tickets;
- Ticket Sale info;
- Tomorrowland festival info (practical, line-up, etc);
- Ticket Waiting List.
- Related Commercial Purposes
- After explicit consent you will be informed about upgrades and additional services linked to your ticket purchase, such as vouchers for restaurants, lockers, parking, shuttles, etc. Your consent will be requested when you create your account.
- After explicit consent, you can receive emails to inform you about all Tomorrowland-related events (such as Unite with Tomorrowland), artists (such as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike or Lost Frequencies), People of Tomorrow (social platform), Tomorrowland surveys, Tomorrowland theme and videos and TML by Tomorrowland.
- Operational Purposes for ticket buyers
The following processing of your data is part of the contractual agreement with WAOW if you buy a ticket.
If you purchase a Tomorrowland ticket,
a) Your data can be used with the following objectives:
-Transportation to and from Tomorrowland/DreamVille or to and from hotels/B&B.
-Transactional emails by Tomorrowland (such as emails to remind you to personalise your tickets, your e-ticket or your payment confirmation);
-Ticket and payment processing;
-Security, safety and health procedures;
- Reporting and statistics about visitors to Tomorrowland;
- Printing of, among others, hard tickets (only in case you receive hard tickets);
- Fulfilment and shipment of Tomorrowland Bracelet (to make sure that your ticket/bracelet is sent to you);
- Customer service by Tomorrowland and their ticket providers;
- Where permitted by law, criminal records of ticket holders can be checked by the Federal Police and, in the case of negative advice from the Federal Police, ticket holders can be blocked from the festival. WAOW will only provide first name, last name, date of birth and country of residence and will not do any profiling in this matter or look into any criminal records themselves;
- Check-in procedures and hospitality facilities (to make sure you find your way to your shuttle or bus, to make your festival experience easier, to help you check in to your DreamVille accommodation, the festival or a restaurant);
- Cashless transaction logging and aggregated analytics of this data;
- Cashless top-ups, cashless payments at Tomorrowland and cashless refunds;
- Booking of hotels, trains, buses and flights (only in case of Global Journey Packages);
b) Your data can be used by the following types of third parties only for processing related to your ticket:
- Booking companies;
- Cashless payments partner of Tomorrowland;
- Fulfilment and shipping companies;
- Hospitality staff at check-in points (among others but not limited to airports, hotels, B&B, bus stations, train stations and restaurants on site);
- Local and federal governments;
- Mailing companies;
- Operational staff on site;
- Payment processing companies;
- Printing companies;
- Safety and health providers and staff (such as security or first aid personnel);
- Ticket providers: Brussels Airlines and Paylogic;
- Transport companies
ARTICLE 3 - Control your data
3.1 When necessary, your consent will be requested in order to process your personal data. If you choose not to give your consent, or if you withdraw your consent, you will not be able to take (full) advantage of the services offered. At all times, you are able to check your personal data collected and processed by WAOW or request a copy of your personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the following address:
Korte Vlierstraat 6
B – 2000 Antwerp.
You can remove your account on the Tomorrowland platform to execute the final removal of your personal data. Please note that your personal data is needed to fulfil all WAOW services and will only allow a full deletion after the event has passed. In the my.tomorrowland.com platform you will be able to specifically remove yourself from optional applications like the social platform or non-transactional mailing lists.
WAOW will inform you on the state of your personal data within 30 days, after your identity is checked. If you would like to stop receiving informational emails from WAOW, you can review and change your preferences at any time by logging into your account.
3.2 All your personal details as a myTomorrowland account holder can be changed in the Tomorrowland platform – except for your name and email. To change them you should contact the support desk on https://my.tomorrowland.com by clicking the support button. Please note that changing the delivery details of your tickets or name changes on Global Journey tickets can incur additional fees.
If you wish to remove your personal details from the Tomorrowland platform, you can specifically select the parts in your account that you want to be removed: you can either unsubscribe from mailing lists and specific applications like the Tomorrowland social platform or exercise the complete removal of your account to the full extent.
Your personal details will be removed as soon as possible, except if it concerns information that needs to be kept in pursuance of the law or an agreement. If you want to exercise the right to be removed to the full extent and have purchased tickets for a future event, these tickets will be cancelled without refund. Your details are needed to fulfil all these services.
The information above concerns the execution of your rights under GDPR as a my.tomorrowland account holder. The execution of your rights in the role of a customer or any other role vs. WAOW (outside the my.tomorrowland platform) can be done by sending an email to: email@example.com
ARTICLE 4 - Cookies and other technologies
While using the service, WAOW may send cookies, originating from the domain tomorrowland.com or any tomorrowland.com subdomain.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
WAOW does not store any personal details in a cookie that can be used to identify individuals. WAOW can, however, track your activity on online assets for statistical analysis and to enhance your experience.
Although cookies are required to be able to fully use the services and all of its features, you can always refuse to accept cookies by changing the related settings of your browser.
Certain cookies like first party functional cookies and performance cookies are mandatory, other cookies can be switched off in your browser.
ARTICLE 5 - Security of your personal data
5.1 Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. When you provide your personal data through the WAOW websites or mobile apps, this information is transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
5.3 However, in some instances, WAOW may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, such as a government body, and has limited control over how that data is protected by that party.
5.4 The information that you provide to WAOW will be held in the systems located at the registered office in Antwerp or in those of an appointed third party (mentioned above) or our cloud service providers (Amazon AWS, Stone Internet Services, Zendesk, Outlook 365, Cumul.io and box.com).
5.6 Your personal data may be accessed by and processed outside the EU. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, appropriate safeguards will be in place.
5.7 Data breaches can be reported by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. WAOW has an internal policy and regularly educates staff on preventing and reporting possible data breaches.
Based upon the outcome of an impact assessment, WAOW can notify affected data subjects and the Belgian Privacy authorities of the breach.
ARTICLE 6 - Storage limitations
WAOW will not retain your data longer than necessary: your personal data is retained in your my.tomorrowland.com account and will be removed automatically once you decide to delete your account. Data stored and processed outside of themy.torrowland.com account for the purposes as described in Article 2 will be removed once the processing activity is completed and the data is no longer needed expect when WAOW is legally required to keep the records for a specified retention time.
ARTICLE 7 - Miscellaneous
ARTICLE 8 - Updates
ARTICLE 9 - Contact
Korte Vlierstraat 6
B – 2000 Antwerp.