Most recent update: 12/06/2020
1. Who is Tomorrowland?
We are a Belgian company organizing electronic dance music festivals. The website via which you are entering Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival is owned and operated by one of our Belgian legal entities of which you can find the details below. As such, Tomorrowland is the data controller with regard to the personal data processed when entering Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival.
- Data controller: Weareone.world BV - 0867.239.782
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Address: Korte Vlierstraat 6, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Tomorrowland exclusively processes personal data in accordance with the applicable European and Belgian regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Act of 30 July 2018 regarding the protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data.
3. Which personal data does Tomorrowland collect and process?
Depending on the functionalities you use during Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival, we process the following types of personal data:
- Contact details: Email address and (possibly) your name.
- Nickname: Nickname or avatar.
- Birthdate: Your date of birth.
- Nationality: Your nationality.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data when you visit Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival, and more specifically when:
- you enter Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival and participate in the various functionalities and experiences available (such as chatrooms, contests, puzzles, quizzes, live streams, and social media interactions)
- you visit Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival and we receive specific information through cookies.
5. Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data for various purposes, but only insofar as necessary to achieve the intended objective. Below, you can see an overview of why we process specific categories of personal data.
|Kind of personal data||Purpose of processing||Lawfulness of processing|
We process your contact details to be able to contact you with news related to the contest or win-action you participated in (e.g. to inform you in case you won) and to inform you about how to redeem the prize you are entitled to.
Performance of the agreement
|Contact details||We share your contact details with our partners who are involved in organizing the specific contest or win-action you are participating in.||Consent (opt-in)|
You will be able to participate in chatrooms and other forms of online communication by means of your alias or Nickname.
Performance of the agreement
We share your contact details with our partners who are involved in organizing the chat functionalities.
In order to view some content you must be older than 18 or 21, depending on local regulations.
|Performance of the agreement|
|Nationality||A country flag will be displayed next to your avatar||Performance of the agreement|
The processing of personal data can be based on different legal grounds. The legal ground(s) on which our processing is based are clearly stated in the above overview, but we believe it is important to provide you with further explanation of each of these concepts:
- Performance of the agreement: This legal ground means we process your personal data to enable us to offer you our services. Specifically, when participating in contests, we should be able to contact you in case you have won, and to let you know how to redeem your prize.
- Consent: This legal ground is only used when you consent to us using your personal data for specific purposes. Specifically, when participating in contests, we will request your consent (via opt-in) to share your personal data with our partners involved in the organization of the relevant contest (e.g. for marketing purposes).
We always seek to process as little personal data as necessary for the objective we are aiming to achieve. As an example, the personal data we request are often essential to enable us to provide you the experience you are looking for. Without these personal data, we would not be able to provide you the same level of and quality of experiences during Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival.
6. Does Tomorrowland use automated individual decision-making?
No, we will never take any individual decisions through automated processes such as profiling based upon the personal data which you are sharing with us when visiting Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival.
7. Will my personal data be shared with any third parties?
In principle, we share your personal data as little as possible. Depending on the personal data you provide to us and the objectives linked to the processing of your personal data, we may share your personal data with the third parties below.
- Tomorrowland group entities: We may share your personal data with other entities within the Tomorrowland group to be able to follow-up our services or your requests as efficient as possible.
- Partners: We might share your personal data with our partners involved in the organization of Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival.
- Suppliers, subcontractors, and other service providers: We rely on other companies, independent service providers, suppliers, subcontractors, or other intermediaries to provide certain services. As an example, this includes our IT and software suppliers, communication partners, and so on. These types of suppliers may process your personal data if required as part of their services. We always ensure that such parties apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. Partners involved in the delivery of chat functions are: CometChat Inc, United States at 1002 Walnut St, Suite 200, Boulder, CO, 80302.
- Authorities: If required by law or under a legal procedure, we may share your personal data with specific authorities or government institutions.
- Business transfer: In the event of a restructuring, business transfer or takeover of Tomorrowland, your personal data may be transferred to the third parties involved in this process.
- Mobile App: for the provision of our products and services: Pushwoosh SDK as part of our mobile app functionality.
8. Will your personal data be transferred outside of the EEA?
When we share your personal data with third parties we collaborate with, there is a possibility that your personal data will be shared outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In this case, we will ensure that such sharing is always GDPR-compliant. For example, we can do so by including standard contract provisions in our contracts with these companies. In other instances, the destination country may be recognised by the European Commission as a country that offers appropriate data protection, or the company in question may be Privacy Shield-certified. Any other (future) sharing mechanisms accepted under the GDPR may also be used in this regard.
10. How long do we retain your personal data?
We never retain your personal data for any longer than the period required to process them. Retention periods prescribed by law may also affect this.
Contact details - Nickname- Birthday- Nationality
We will not retain your data longer than necessary: your personal data is retained in your my.tomorrowland.com account and will be removed automatically once you decide to delete your account. Data stored and processed outside of the my.torrowland.com account will be removed once the processing activity is completed and the data is no longer needed expect when we are legally required to keep the records for a specified retention time.
If we process any personal data purely on the basis of your consent, we will delete such data within a reasonable period after you have withdrawn your consent.
Depending on the category of personal data, we may retain your personal data for 5 or 10 years after its receipt (i.e. for longer than described above). More specifically, these retention periods are applied for legal or evidence purposes.
10. Will we use your personal data for direct marketing?
Under an existing customer relationship or if you have given us the required consent to that effect, we may also process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. That way, we can keep you informed about our festivals, events and related news.
The processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes may be based on consent you have given to use your personal data for such purposes. If you wish to withdraw this consent or object to this processing, you can do so at any time by contacting us, by changing your preferences using the link we incorporate in our messages or via your Tomorrowland account settings.
Third parties and partners we collaborate with may also use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
11. What are my rights?
As a visitor of Tomorrowland Around The World The Digital Festival, we are always happy to inform you about the rights you have in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, feel free to contact us.
The right of access – You can ask us at any time which personal data of yours we process. If you wish to do so, you can also receive an overview of your personal data we process.
The right to correction – If you notice the personal data of yours we process are no longer correct, feel free to let us know at any time so that we can correct your personal data immediately.
The right to deletion of data – If you would prefer us to no longer process your personal data and delete them, you can choose to ask us to permanently delete your personal data. In this case, we will delete any personal data of yours we process on the basis of your consent.
The right to restrict processing – If you would prefer us to restrict our processing of your personal data, feel free to ask us any time. We will take your request into account and explore how we can arrange this.
The right to object – If you would like to object to our processing of your personal data, you can do so by contacting us.
The right to transfer of data – If you would like your personal data to be transferred to a third party, we will help you do so. In this case, your personal data will be sent to the organisation of your choice in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
The right to object to direct marketing – You also have the right to object to direct marketing at any time. The electronic communications we send always contain a link to unsubscribe, so you no longer receive these types of messages from us.
You can exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Office.
12. How can you contact us?
Tomorrowland has a Data Protection Office, which is always happy to help with any questions you may have about privacy and the processing of your personal data. Our Data Protection Office can be reached via:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WEAREONE.world B.V.- 0867.239.782
Korte Vlierstraat 6
13. How can you contact the Data Protection Authority?
If you are unsatisfied with how your Tomorrowland has handled your request or comment, or if you would like to submit a complaint, you can contact the Data Protection Authority using the details below. Please send a completed information form (available on the website below) by e-mail to the e-mail address below or by post to the postal address below.